Since you have landed here please do take the trouble to read my blog and do post a comment

This is My Cyber Home!!

Search This Blog

Monday 6 February 2012

No kidding!
As usual when it comes to reading we are so stuck on Enid Blyton and then the classics before moving on to any other preteen or teen reading leading to Jeffery Archer and Matthew Reilly.
So it was with something of  a shock I realized,  the literary festival  being held in Dubai in March had many authors coming over for reading, signing and workshops and there is not one  name in the children's section who I am familiar with.  Which workshop should I take the kids to was not a difficult decision at all as I decided none.
First I need to read up on these authors and then decide maybe by next year as to which author would give my child happiness without venturing into gory world of reality or fantasy, without a blood bath and without ill-mannered children nagging their parents no end.
So happy reading time for me and till then the kids stick to Enid Blyton ###

No comments:

Post a Comment